Companies today are facing a growing set of complex regulations around how they manage the ever-growing personal, financial, and other data they store and manage. Not only must they figure out which standards matter, but they must also determine if and how they are able to meet these standards with confidence and prove they can as a regular part of doing business. They need a better way to keep their promise to safeguard your sensitive data. Enter Hyperproof, a radical new approach to ensure organizations can effectively discover, track, and meet the web of compliance requirements. Companies today face enormous risks in fines, lowered stock price and compromised reputation. Hyperproof is creating advanced solutions to these problems with hosted services that leverage the latest technologies including cloud-based microservices, containerization, machine learning, blockchain, adaptive process automation, and more.
This is where you come in. We’re looking for a passionate and innovative lead software development engineer to join our growing team and bring this vision to reality. Our product will be used by auditors, managers, and users with a broad range of skills and experiences. We’re creating a user interface helps people complete their compliance activities quickly and easily. As a member of our small and highly-experienced engineering team, you’ll be able to influence design decisions across all levels of the product taking into consideration the voice of the customer. Our product has a multi-tiered architecture using the latest technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, React, Java, and Go just to name a few. There’s literally no shortage of opportunities to hone and grow your technical skills in our highly-collaborative startup environment.
- Leading by example the design and coding of backend architecture components including REST APIs, queueing, storage system, role-based access control, encryption, security, and more
- Working with Program and Product Managers to understand customer and industry requirements
- Managing and growing the abilities and contributions of junior engineers
- Developing code that is secure, compliant and performant with great scale characteristics
- Developing reusable software components that other developers and business users can easily leverage
- Writing automated tests for all code and building monitoring and system health metrics into the code you build
- Documenting you and your team’s code and contributing to team best practices to make everyone around you better at what they do too
- 5+ years’ experience in a software engineering role including exposure to design and coding at a component level
- 3+ year’s experience managing teams of 3-7 software engineers
- Focus on the customer requirements and the ability to translate them into modern, flexible software products
- Ability to quickly shift gears to learn and apply new, relevant technologies to the problems at hand
- Development of distributed, scalable REST APIs across multiple microservicesComfort with asynchronous programming, experience in at least one of Node.Js, Typescript, Java, Go, C#, C++
- Creating, understanding, and usage of REST APIs using Json and/or XML.
- Passion and experience delivering software with the “abilities”- scalability, reliability, operability etc
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Azure cloud services for deployment, debugging and operations of the software you create
- Experience and/or exposure to automated unit and regression testing.
- Experience designing relational database schemas and writing SQL queries
- Experience on an agile team and agile methods including Scrum or Kanban.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or similar is required.
Nice to have
- Experience with asynchronous queues and workflows
- Experience with Oauth and associated security protocols
- Familiarity with web site instrumentation and logging to understanding customer usage and application behavior
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org